These guidelines are designed to help you create effective support tickets for a smooth and efficient resolution process. Thank you for following these guidelines to optimize your support experience.
Always create a new fresh ticket for each individual issue
Do not forward or reply to an old support ticket, but create a new fresh email describing the issue. It is hard to follow up on cases when several issues are bundled into one support case
Describe the problem in the subject
Make sure the subject explains the problem. Here you may explain the severity of the problem first - then explain the problem - and add the date and time in the end. This makes it much easier to understand the impact of the problem.
Example: "Production test stop - WATS service down - 2023-05-16 13:00"
Describe the problem in detail
- Describe how severe the problem is
- Production stop / Machine stop / Line stop / Shipment stop
- Describe the problem with print screens and/or pictures for clear documentation.
- Describe what kind of action has been performed to fix the problem on site, and what has changed since the problem occurred.
- Provide additional info
- WATS Client version
- OS (Windows) version
- Third part SW (LabVIEW, TestStand, VisualStudio, etc.) version
- Provide WATS Account name (Cloud account name or On-Prem), ex: virinco.wats.com