In some cases, the Virinco support team may require a trace to investigate an issue. This article briefly describes this process.
Starting SQL Server Profiler
Windows Server 2012/Windows 8 or later, with SQL Server tools installed:
- Press the Windows button
- Type “Profiler”
- Choose SQL Server nn Profiler, where nn is the version number, for instance 2014.
Windows Server 2008/Windows 7, with SQL Server tools installed:
- All Programs
- Microsoft SQL Server nn, where nn is the version number, for instance 2008 R2
- Performance Tools
- SQL Server Profiler
Starting a trace
When SQL Server Profiler has opened:
- New trace…
- Enter the server name/credentials for your database server, and connect
In the Trace Properties dialog box
- You may enter a name for your trace
- Use the template: TSQL_SPs
- Go to the Events Selection Tab
- Press Column Filters button to open the Edit filter dialog
- Select TextData
- Expand Like
- Type the information provided by the support technician
- Check the “Exclude rows that do not contain values” box
- Click OK to close the Edit filter dialog
- Press Yes in the warning dialog box
- Press Run
Now, reproduce the error/situation that the support technician should investigate.
To stop and save the trace file:
- Press the red stop button on the toolbar.
- Save As
- Trace File
- Save the file, and send it to the support technician
Please sign in to leave a comment.