In addition to the Microsoft Entra ID integration, Wats users can utilize the Google Authenticator and Microsoft Authenticator mobile apps to integrate two factor authentication to their wats login. See setup guide at the end of this article.
Two factor authentication can be enabled by each user through 'My settings' or enforced by administrators for all users through the account settings.
When two factor authentication is enabled in 'My settings', the user will be forced to set up two factor authentication (if not previously done) before changes will take effect.
Likewise, when two factor authentication is enforced through the 'Account Settings', all users must successfully set up two factor authentication in order to complete their next login.
If two factor is setup and enabled (either by the user or enforced), the user will be prompted to enter the two factor key visible in one of the apps on their designated device in order to complete login:
Resetting / regenerating key
All users can regenerate their key in 'My settings' if a paired device is lost or if their key is compromised in any way. For the old key to be replaced, the new key must be paired and verified. In that case, the old key will be scrapped and unusable.
Administrators can also reset the two factor key of any user in Users. In this case the two factor key will be deleted entirely and the user will need to set up a new two factor key upon their next login in order to complete login.
1. Download and install the Microsoft Authenticator app.
2. Click 'Add an account'.
3. When asked to select an account type, select 'Other (Google, Facebook, etc.).
4. Scan the QR code or enter the code manually.
5. When your key is displayed, enter it in Wats to verify.
1. Download and install the Google Authenticator app.
2. Press add.
3. Scan the QR code or enter the setup key.
4. When your key is displayed, enter it in Wats to verify.